Monday, April 17, 2006

My Two Cents

Okay. I have to put my two cents in. I gotta be honest pals....all the song lyrics as posts are beyond getting annoying.

I know music is important to all of you melancholies but it is like an ongoing mystery as to what the heck you mean by them.


Are you trying to be aloof? Do you want us to google the song and find out what the artist meant by it? Are we supposed to examine your life and guess at the correlations?

I am not trying to be a butt, I really want to know! Because to continue with the honesty thing I just skip right over the lyrics....especially if you put the chorus in over and over.

Maybe I am asking too much to desire to read your actual thoughts when I go to your blog. But I really do.

If this is asking too much maybe if there was just one lyric post per every 5 normal entries...that would be better.

Tell me what you really think or I'll send this guy after you...and nobody wants that!

7 comments:

Laura said...

I SO agree with you.

Ryan said...

Amy that's silly.

Having never posted song lyrics myself, I feel as if I am a geniune outside observer. But people either blog for themselves or for other people. Some people blog for themselves. If they do, maybe the song lyrics are just for themselves.

On another note, that caption below the picture is a lie. He actually lives in Texas in my brother's bathtub.

Ryan said...

You know what is gay, though (and I'm guilty of this too)?

People insulting each other and fighting and trying to embarass each other. Especially when it is either disguised as a joke or written annanymously.

It's been happening a lot lately and it's stupid.

LuckyBurgerBoys said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
LuckyBurgerBoys said...

I totally agree with Ryan's last comment, if you are going to say something pointedly through a blog, Dont. Just be real and say it in person. Nobody wants to wonder if a comment was meant for "them", it just makes people paranoid.

Amyzing said...

What do you mean Dave? People shouldn't wonder. I am saying if you ever posted lyrics on your blog I am talking to you.

I guess I am just wanting reality too. Say what you wanna say not what someone else says...or if you are going to draw on other's work for artistic reasons then add a thought of your own like:

"Don't worry...I am not depressed I just dig this song."

OR

" I hate this song"

OR

"I sure hope Amy reads this song so she can know what an awesome inspiration she is to me"

To say that blogs are for one's own self is total bologna. If it is just for you then disable your comments.

Mr. Canon said...

As someone who regularly posts song on my AMAZING Blog, I just want to point out that it is fine that you feel that way. Most of the time when I post songs it is because that is what I am feeling at the time. Songs are personal to me and most of the time I think that I can express myself through them better that with my own words. I am sure that you may not read my blog but in the future I will begin to give you something more. Oh an I love be Melancholy!