Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Difficult Times Lie Ahead, Harry.

Life is hard right now.

I need Jesus. I need to seek His comfort before His counsel.

Did you know that if you could travel the speed of light it would still take you 100, 000 years to travel to the Milky Way? That is just inside our galaxy! That is one big God. Yet, the Word says that he measures the heavens in the breadth of his hand! He is huge!

In team last night, Dick was talking about how to point people to God instead of to ourselves. My heart was totally convicted. Dan once called me the oracle...I would really classify it as available. He said this because of the constant influx of people into my office to talk.

Charlie Anne suggested I start charging for my services so I could raise a little money on the side! I just laughed at her. It is my joy!

However, I don't know how good I have been about pointing people to God instead of to my own advice. I would hope that the things I say would be "godly" but in all of those specifics the only One with answers is the One who created that huge galaxy.

Don't worry. I will still be here in my office and I am not going to burn the blue chair...but I hope you take my silence for more prayer and not a cold shoulder.

Difficult times do lie ahead though incredibly exciting! Please, I beg that you pray for us!

Thanks for listening.

4 comments:

Susanne said...

It won't stop me from visiting you! (But I do love your counsel.)

Blythe Lane said...

Yes...kind of a tough discipline to put into practice for me as well...and yet so valuable for others to find their answers ultimately in Him! And the thing is, you're still giving them counsel--it's just that the counsel lies in turning them back to Jesus. Prayin' for ya, gal. Sure appreciate the love you've shown and ear you've given to me! ;-)

D C Bryant said...

it will stop me from visiting you..jk, although I always feel guilty for wasting your time! WHat are you all doing this weekend?

Jenny said...

love love!