Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Attitude Changes and Twirly Skirts.

Everything is changing and I am so thankful to God for the perspective He is giving me.

We moved to Fort Worth in August and have been doing our own thing for months. I've been struggling just to get stuff together for school and taking care of my husband but haven't made meaningful relationships at my church. I have, however, made some fantastic friends amongst the lovely teachers at CLPS!

This week, everything changed. I went to a meeting of the Hope Drama group, Studio 1750. It was really great and I met some lovely people. I filmed a short video with some fab Hope goers and helped set up photo ops at the Girls' Sock Hop tonight.

By the way, the Sock Hop was the most adorable thing I have seen in years, perhaps even in my whole life. Tons of elementary aged girls in poodle skirts, rolled jeans and scarves in their hair running about frantically, huddling in groups to socialize and doing the limbo with fervor.

What is it about the make up of woman that makes her glow when in a twirly skirt? God embedded that one deep.

I am reminded of a scene from "Runaway Bride" where Julia Roberts tries on a wedding dress and says her favorite part is how it swishes like a bell when she moves. Every girl relates to that.
I came home smiling and exhausted, ready to tackle nursery duty tomorrow at church.

The whole point of all of this is to express how much my attitude has changed towards our place here in Fort Worth. It really is all up to me and taking advantage of opportunities to serve and meet people through those opportunities.

Things are looking up and my soul is incredibly full.

Blessings!

No comments: