Monday, June 16, 2008

Schlitterbahn-Bahn!

This weekend is the Schlitterbahn-bonanza! I am so excited. I have mentioned before about my love of amusement parks. I can't wait to get to New Braunfels and get on a tube.

Schlitterbahn cracks me up. There is no need to feel self conscious at this place at all. I have no idea what woodwork these people crawled out of. After spending the summer on Huntington Beach last year where everyone wished "they all could be California girls" because they were such stinkin' hotties, Schlitterbahn is a nice change of pace.

Everyone is fat, sunburned and sporting a drowned rat hairdo. This is no bikini fashion show but a smattering of tank tops and aqua socks. Families come from all over the world to experience this water park. No lie. Schlitterbahn is one of the top rated water parks in the WORLD every year.

The main park water comes from the Comal River. It is cool, refreshing and chlorine-free! The main park is also full of picnic tables and a million trees. You can bring in your own ice chest of food and park it with your junk at a table and then leave it all day. No one messes with your stuff. You can rent lockers for your purse. It is just fabulous!

You play, come back and eat, take a tram ride to one of the other two awesome parks and then come back and eat, lounge in the lazy river, and go home exhausted. It is a great day.

So this weekend Dan and I will take Kelly and Stefanie and head down to meet my parents and brother for a fun filled weekend!

Peace!

No comments: