Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Enormous Savings!


I am having a fantastic day! You know those days when you just get a lot of errands done and you feel free? I mean, I got paid on Friday, spent no money this weekend and am now broke because of my bill paying but I feel fabulous!


For those of you outside of Norman, it was 110 degrees yesterday. I felt my face literally melting off! Dan and I are housesitting at my Aunt Karen's and the pool water evaporated by 2 inches! That is huge! We still swim!


For other exciting news...since Monday I thought the wrought iron bars outside my office window were loose and clanging in the wind but in all actuality it was a skunk climbing up the window to try to escape the drain. He has been in there all week...who knows. Dan and I put a board down there to see if he would climb out of it. He sniffed the board and then went back to shimmy up the window and attempt to get on the ledge. What dumb, smelly animals.

We thought he was all alone but another skunk comes out from under the fence around the air conditioner to check on him every 20 minutes or so. Eww..I think Kels should take care of them old west style...if you know what I mean.

And now for my enormous savings. Okay...maybe I am an idiot but I have never been too good at finding the books I need for school online but today, after seeing the money I would need to buy my books from the University Bookstore I wanted to cry.

$165.00??? Yikes. For 5 books? Yikes! So I went to Amazon.com and got them all for $63.00!!! Yay. I saved $102.00!

I should take myself on a shopping spree! Or pay more bills! So, children, if you believe in father Christmas like your uncle billy, buy your festering turd of a bookload from Amazon and stickittotheman!

No comments: